[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia isn't just a good idea - it's compulsory

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:27:22 UTC 2009

2009/3/25 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
> Getting back to the original post.
>
> How's Wikipedia's coverage of history, compared to the average British
> school textbook?

Almost certainly broader and deeper, but probably harder to
understand. Our articles aren't really aimed at primary school
children. Textbooks focus on just what school children are expected to
study, which makes them far easier to teach from. I don't think
Wikipedia will ever replace textbooks, that is Wikibooks job.
Wikipedia will be used for school research projects.