[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia isn't just a good idea - it's compulsory

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:31:18 UTC 2009

2009/3/25 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7962912.stm
>
> " Primary school pupils should learn how to blog and use internet
> sites like Twitter and Wikipedia and spend less time studying history,
> it is claimed. A review of the primary school curriculum in England
> will be published in a final report next month. "
>
> (from WMUK list via Thomas Dalton)

It should be made clear that this is just a proposal from the person
doing the review, it is some way off actually being included in the
National Curriculum. Hopefully WMUK will be able to get involved if it
is, though - we've been discussing working with schools for a while
already, so it looks like we'll have more schools interested in having
us visit if this goes ahead!