[WikiEN-l] One way to write CC-BY-ND

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Mar 24 15:48:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] One way to write CC-BY-ND

> 2009/3/22 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/3/22 Jay Litwyn <brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>:
>
>>> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=flickr.com
>>> I do not like that result, because a [[phish]] artist was or is
>>> promoting a
>>> flickr file.
>
>> I don't get what that link has to do with anything... it's saying that
>> flickr doesn't follow internet standards, that has nothing to do with
>> CC-BY-ND or phishing...
>

> Indeed. Jay, your posts lately are verging on the incomprehensible.

It is an aside. I find it hard to reconcile NC-SA without specifying media,
so I am not surprised that flickr is going to a third version of their
license. The rest of my message qualifies or specifies ND. flickr is in the
thread's root. I forgot that there are e-mail subscribers to this list.

Project Gutenberg has variance in their license. Some of them specify "at
cost". Some of them say "freely". Some of them are long. Some licenses are
terse in the project. "Copies on optical disk or VHS must be gifts." is my
turn of phrase, AFAIK.

I was really hoping for someone to chime in on the question of whether I
should specify any restrictions on commerce, like "Copies on optical disk or
VHS must be gifts". I think I will strike that for the karaoke version,
since I hav a right to vocals in a recording.
_______
The preceeding opinions are mine. All mine. Get your own.
(That is threaded. Your e-mail is not.)