[WikiEN-l] One way to write CC-BY-ND

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Mar 22 17:36:34 UTC 2009

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=flickr.com
I do not like that result, because a [[phish]] artist was or is promoting a
flickr file.

I decided to write a CC-BY-ND license into my video, especially since I am
permitting specific derivatives. I might as well spew it, here. The hopeful
part is License page two.

One guy says pain before pleasure, so I guess I am supposed to put the
license at the beginning. Once someone knows where it is, they can skip it.
It certainly should be terse. I am undecided about whether I should go
through
the trouble of reading it aloud and knocking out text of what I hav read as
I go.

Slide One:
CC-BY-ND
Your rights to derivative works are reserved for non-roman fonts.

Slide Two:
This work is for intact distribution.
I make it free of royalties to encourage public or personal performance.
You may not record or store such performances beyond what is required
for a moderated medium. Please do not include any other video with my tune.

Slide Three:
This video, without vocals, is not a performance within these limits, nor is
any convenient and complete transcoding. <strike>Such conversions to optical
disk or VHS must be gifts.</strike>

(A byte of NC is in slide three, so I consider dropping it.
Advocates are welcome to chime in, here.
Do resources flow that way?).

Slide Four:
Support Local Yokels.
If someone renders this on a voice mail
or e-mail, then by all means make them
work together with three more of such.
_______
I hav two re-works of my audio on-stream. One is a four-part mixed solo. The
other is a more traditional approach to harmony. I am not happy with how
well audio and video are synchronized in my newer releases, so my 48kbps haz
worse audio and better video, because it is older. My newer 48k did not even
hav all the slides.

When I am done, I will see what flickr is trying to say with their license.
After seeing "royalty free" at DeviantArt and ArtistRising, I am
experienceing gravitation toward my home page. I wonder what they want that
much license for. Why don't they specify which media they want?