[WikiEN-l] Automatic death flagging?

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Thu Mar 19 01:29:38 UTC 2009

"WODUP" <wikiwodup at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b6a9cba80903172346j33518c1fy859ccdc5cc92364 at mail.gmail.com...
> Perhaps the new abuse filter can be used to warn people apparently
> claiming
> a death against falsely making such a claim (remind them of the need for
> reliable sources) and at least log possible claims so they can be
> reviewed.

That sounds way into and against "Assume Good Faith". I doubt that anyone
who finds an obituary (or attends a funeral and is forced to find an
obituary) will appreciate automation for cancelling their account. It just
does not seem like a process that can be automatic. In the worst case,
someone else will find the obituary and end up supporting an unblock motion,
based upon happening to see a short edit war. Screw automation.
_______
http://www.playscreen.com/ringtones/preview.php?Cat_Id=1&Cn_Id=10282
BlakDog: I rephrased a tune, without lyrics, that I developed for a
commercial,
and it was censored for containing the word "condom" in the lyrics, and
perhaps
being a bit too realistic with what condoms in a bar might mean. Roughly the
same
synthesizer version as "Lohruh, Regruntled".