[WikiEN-l] Poetry thread

Mark Nilrad marknilrad at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 10:46:34 UTC 2009

So, it appears that after the poetry thread is declared dead on arrival, it revives itself. Weird.

Anyway, moving this topic in another direction (without rhyming couplets), I want to say that not having fun is really a, ahem, serious pastime for a lot of people. People (yes, that's a WW) criticize Wikipedia for taking it seriously, and perhaps it's because a lot of editors can't find a modicum of joy in editing in Wikipedia. I wonder how you can spend hours doing something so serious. The reason I slave away on it, doing a lot of grunt work, is because it's fun to me (in the end, at least). I hope other editors can feel the same way.

Mark