[WikiEN-l] "Alan Cabal" article

Bill Carter billdeancarter at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 17:25:13 UTC 2009

Hi:

When I last mentioned the "Alan Cabal" article I was discussing the errors in it. It has since been nominated for deletion (again) by one of my nemisises. This kind of conduct is quite usual at Wikipedia, and one of the reasons why all writers should be warned against contributing here at Wikipedia.

I have found a new source bestowing notability on Alan Cabal: LIFE IN CYBERSPACE / Banding Together To Make Cybermusic

     Newsday;  Oct 20, 1996; pg. A.55;

You
can read the abstract here:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/access/17063895.html?dids=17063895:17063895&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+20%2C+1996&author=&pub=Newsday&edition=&startpage=A.55&desc=LIFE+IN+CYBERSPACE+%2F+Banding+Together+To+Make+Cybermusic

It's
in the Newsday archives. It has 860 words and leads with Mr.
Cabal's story. Btw, the link from the pseudonym "Garbled Uplink" to "Alan Cabal" is
explicit in the Details magazine article "Rock & Roll Fantasy" by
Rob Tannenbaum, but can be found in other less reputable sources.

I have provided an edit reading "ALTERNATE VERSION HERE" in the recent history of the "Alan Cabal" article so that people can see all the good sources that have been removed. The AfD is being stacked against the article about Mr. Cabal. Without these sources and the one I provide the likelihood of the article surviving AfD decreases.

Anyhow, look at the players around this article and you will see how corrupt Wikipedia is.

Sincerely,
Bill D. Carter