[WikiEN-l] Interview

dhruvbhalla dhruvbhalla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:30:22 UTC 2009

Hello, I have to conduct some research about the main problems that wikipedia
is facing; those being inaccuracy and vandalisim.
I have a questionaire which I've attached below. I would appriciate it if
anyone who is experienced with these problems were to answer it.
You would be of great help.

I do realise that there are a fair amount of questions, thefore please fell
free to address only those question that to fell are necessary.
Furthermore if you do not have the time to do so, a paragraph describing
your opinion of the content on Wikipedia and a vaible method to address the
issues of realability and vandalism would be great too

Thanks and regards
Dhruv

1)	What is your name, your profession and designation?
2)	How often do you engage in research and for what purpose?
3)	Are you concerned about the authenticity of what you read? If yes why?
4)	What form of research do you prefer using the most (books, magazines,
journals, internet etc)?
5)	Have you ever used a free web-based encyclopedia such as Wikipedia
before?
6)	If yes
a.	 could you elaborate on the process with which use it to search for
information
b.	Do you use articles from Wikipedia as a source for your citations?
c.	Please elaborate on your reasons for doing/not-doing so
d.	Are you aware Wikipedia is a free- to -edit encyclopedia?
e.	Have you ever edited an article on Wikipedia?
f.	If yes do you follow the norms suggested by Wikipedia for doing so?
g.	Do you double check what you learn at Wikipedia?
h.	If yes, then why do you use Wikipedia in the first place?
i.	Have you ever come across anomalous/incorrect information on Wikipedia?
j.	If yes, have you ever thought about doing any thing about it?
7)	If no
a.	Do you have any particular reason for not doing so? Is it linked with the
questionable reliability of the articles?

8)	In light of the above questions, I’m sure you have come to be aware of
some of the flaws that using websites such as Wikipedia entails. Therefore
what changes would you recommend to be made on such websites?
9)	Further elaborating on the above point, how would you recommend the
increase in factuality of the articles on Wikipedia?
10)	Would you recommend Wikipedia as a primary source of information to your
colleagues? Please specify with a reason?

PS Please leave a name an e-mail address if possible ( for citation
purposes)