[WikiEN-l] Fox News on Obama Wikipedia article controversy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:59:34 UTC 2009

2009/3/9 William King <williamcarlking at gmail.com>:

> Fox News has a story on the controversy regarding Barack Obama's Wikipedia entry:
> Your thoughts?

Well, I suppose they need something to occupy their time. Must have
been a lot of dead air to fill after November 4th.

This has hit petition-drive status and anything resembling a public
email address for prominent volunteers has been getting reams of
drooling illiterate rubbish on the matter. These are supposedly native
speakers of English writing. What on earth.

Oddly, I'm disinclined to put a second's effort into dealing with this
matter in any way at all, and think we can leave the editorial
processes to run as they will.

- d.