[WikiEN-l] Automatic death flagging?

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:18:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> c) [[Category:Living people]] - dead people have the cat removed

As far as I know there is no easy way to track category removal.
Special:Relatedchanges/Category:Living_people will not show edits
which remove the category, and any edits previously visible on this
list (prior to category removal) will disappear from it.

Matters of propriety may have discouraged this in the past but now
that we have the __HIDDENCAT__ feature, we might consider adding dead
people directly to [[Category:Dead people]].

—C.W.