[WikiEN-l] History started in 1995

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Mar 5 00:39:16 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/3/4 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>
>> Getting access to existing collections and permission to make copies
>> of them (county archives will generaly photocopy stuff for you but
>> they won't let you point a camera at the stuff) is a more significant
>> issue at this point.
>>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sun-Glasses-Camera-with-2GB-Flash-Memory-+Micro-SD-Slot_W0QQitemZ150327823289QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090220?IMSfp=TL090220122003r5179
>
> Now to work out how to make it a tax deduction!

I think that the North American standard is to have coin-operated
photocopiers at strategic places.  This leaves staff only needing to
copy the most valuable pieces.

The glasses are interesting, but I note that they have a 60 degree field
of view and a resolution of 320 x 240.  I would conclude from that that
in order to get a 3" by 2" piece of text at 100 d.p.i. one would need to
keep one's face only two inches from the desired text. :-)

Ec