[WikiEN-l] History started in 1995

Will Beback will.beback.1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:30:11 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> (I've been *really annoyed* lately when a fact in an article has a
> reference ... but it's been tagged {{fact}} because it doesn't have an
> *online* reference. Suggestion: searching for all articles with
> "</ref>{{fact" in them and sending 50,000 volts through the chair of
> anyone who tagged a reference on mere paper.
>

> - d.
One editor recently wrote on the WP:BLPN that he'd delete any negative
allegation in a BLP that isn't verifiable with a free online reference,
arguing that such a practice is the only way of keeping out libelous
material.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons/Noticeboard&diff=prev&oldid=272047238