[WikiEN-l] History started in 1995

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:22:17 UTC 2009

> (I've been *really annoyed* lately when a fact in an article has a
> reference ... but it's been tagged {{fact}} because it doesn't have an
> *online* reference. Suggestion: searching for all articles with
> "</ref>{{fact" in them and sending 50,000 volts through the chair of
> anyone who tagged a reference on mere paper.

I've seen that in editing disputes - where one side insists that the other
side's reference isn't actually verifiable because it's not online so they
can't verify it. Feel like pointing out we did actually use to be able to
check things out before the internet happened you know. However I suspect
most of these are fairly tendentious, along the lines of people who tag
articles as unreferenced because they don't have inline references but do
have a list of books from which all the facts in the article were taken.

--
Sam Blacketer