[WikiEN-l] A proposal to de-table Wikipedia infoboxes

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Wed Mar 4 03:55:08 UTC 2009

I like two things about CSS: it permits background colours. Why could they not hav just put bgcolor="" as a new attribute in a font? Many first choices of font face are ignored for not being present, while in PDF output, you get to say "Embed TrueType as subset: YES", following Adobe's style guide and a reasonable precaution against piracy that happens to be more compact.

I forget what the second thing about CSS that I like is. I was going to say that it made frames obsolete and potentially more numerous. I am thinking that frames tend to hold things that nobody really wants to print, because they do not do anything on paper.