[WikiEN-l] News agencies are not RSs

Matt Jacobs sxeptomaniac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:43:03 UTC 2009

There's a second challenge, in that we don't want to confirm information we
are avoiding releasing by replying with, "Shhh. This is being kept quiet."
As I'm sure most here realize, various idiots will then spread such a
response all over Digg and various blogs, therefore defeating the original
purpose.  If they use a unique or unusual response, it's not going to work
as well as just saying the source is unreliable.

Stating that the source was unreliable was actually probably the most
effective route.  I dislike the fact that this was very top-down and the
response was misleading, but would OTRS really have been more effective?

Sxeptomaniac