[WikiEN-l] News agencies are not RSs

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon Jun 29 17:54:00 UTC 2009

> 2009/6/29 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>
>> Lightly labeling a source unreliable is problematical.
>

> There is no evidence this has ever stopped anyone on Wikipedia from doing
> so.
>

> - d.

Yes, but now we should definitely take another look. Most likely it's a
reasonably good source, just not in the Western news loop the New York
Times is depending on. I'm proud to have Wikipedia in that loop, when
appropriate. That doesn't mean that when The New York Times goes to the
White House and gets orders to cover up some pernicious US plot that we
should obey, assuming we have any way of knowing. We did not seem to be
able to sort out the truth about Iraq. Hard to do so when you can almost
always rely on the New York Times.

Fred