[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Statistics

Muhammad Abdul-Mageed {محمد عبدالمجيد} mumageed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:37:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am writing up an academic paper on Wikipedia and need to include some
statistics in the background section about the encyclopedia. What I am
looking for includes, *but is not limited to*:

   1.  The number of articles in English and the following hugest 3 or 4
   language versions,
   2. The number of unique users, say in June 2009
   3. The number of editors in English and perhaps some other versions.

I have made some search and found that the "Wikipedia statistics" page (
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/), for example, provides some of this
information. But I thought some of the people in the list will probably have
related good advice as well.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

--muhammad abdul-mageed,
Ph.D. student,
Computational Linguistics Program,
School of Library and Information Science,
Indiana University, Bloomington