[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:21:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> No, before that. You mentioned wikipedia-l in reference to
> multilingual lists being a success but wikipedia-l is neither
> multilingual nor a success, so I fail to see your point.

You definition of "success" is admirably vague. Does "America" have to
survive forever to be a "success" in promoting human freedom (such that
there eventually be no more need for a particular nation called the "U.S.A")
?  The defunct-ness of a thing is not an indication of its failure. Take
your ancestors for example.

And yes, it was originally an international mailing list, IIRC, albeit there
were few international wikis then, few people used it for such, wrote in
English anyway, and in any case IIRC the first fork from wikipedia-l was
en-l largely to separate the former for global wiki usage.

-Stevertigo