[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:01:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/27 stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>
> > Yes I knew that. I was simply making an obverse point about the mis-usage
> > of "private" lists for sweeping public project announcements.
> > In any case, I try to avoid closed-source technology wherever I can.
>
> As far as I know, it wasn't an announcement, it was sending up a trial
> balloon amongst a known group who was likely to critique it honestly but
> fairly, before taking it public.  Strikes me that happens all the time, and
> doesn't necessarily have to involve foundation-related lists but could be
> any group of people.

Risker saith: "it wasn't an announcement, it was sending up a trial balloon
amongst a known >group who was likely to critique it honestly but fairly"

Hm. Strikes me that a public group can critique things quite "honestly but
fairly" also. I mean, that's how this list works isn't it? Otherwise I would
never submit ideas here at all.

Risker spoketh: "Strikes me that happens all the time, and doesn't
necessarily have to involve foundation-related lists but could be any group
of people."

Hm. Don't you mean "any closed group of people"?

I mean, I'm inferring this from the context of our conversation. If, in your
statement you imply, without explicitly saying so, a change in our
conversational context from "closed groups" to "any groups,"  and I thus
just did not notice this change, please accept this is a kind of backhanded
apology.

-Stevertigo