[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:05:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>wrote:
>
> No problem, we might as well take a stab at it. However, my experience
> here is of deadlock, not resolution. Deadlock characterized by sterile
> repetition of fixed positions.

Great. One of us should ask the techies to get it set up.

[To Alex] Entire revolutions can occur the wiki without coming to a user's
> attention. A mailing list devoted to dispute resolution would focus
> attention, even if all it did was point to significant on wiki
> discussions. The functionaries list and, presumably the arbitration list
> already do this. A dispute resolution list would clue everyone in, not
> just functionaries and arbitrators.

Indeed. Ostensibly, the list would deal with not just specific dispute
resolutions, but with dispute resolution itself - how it works, etc. These
concepts haven't changed much since late 2003, and as such there may need to
be adjustments - people have ideas I'm sure. And of course, dealing with
both specific cases and with general concepts in the same context makes it a
bit of an integration issue. And that's another answer for Alex's question -
integration based on a particular concept. If the concept was Electric
Trains, then of course a separate mailing list wouldn't be justified.

-Stevertigo