[WikiEN-l] Social ideas (was Hi there)

Isabell Long isabell121 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:56:29 UTC 2009

2009/6/25 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Fred Bauder<fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>> > The Community Portal is semi-protected, so its not that vulnerable to
>> > vandalism. On the skin I'm using it is in the sidebar on every page under
>> > "Interaction", so it's pretty prominently placed.
>>
>> No way. I was over 5000 edits before I even noticed it for the first
>> time. And pfft, "community portal" - what an inviting link to click
>> on!
>
> Maybe "free drinks"? :-)
>
> To be fair, I discovered the community portal early on. However, I
> didn't use it much then, and still don't use it much now. It does
> point the way to some interesting places, though.

I don't use it much either and I didn't in the beginning.  It's not
very visible to me using the Monobook skin and I only glance at it
once or twice when I'm browsing, nothing more than that really unless
I want to seek something out and find other things available.

--
Regards,
Isabell Long.  <isabell121 at gmail.com>