[WikiEN-l] Google Starts Including Wikipedia on Its News Site

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 22 16:05:04 UTC 2009

Fred Bauder wrote:
> Such awesome responsibility we have now...

The suggestion that there should be an onsite category for articles on
Google News is good (prefer a hidden category). As I was saying in
another thread, the journos' priority of getting the breaking news aand
getting it right is being dumped in our laps. (I stick to my point with
respect to what Ec was saying there: "backlog", or shovelling enough
existing scholarship into the 'pedia to make it look like proper
coverage of the "wellknowable" - a Conwayism - is very different from
"frontlog".)

DG, lighten up on Noam Cohen a bit - he seems more disposed to be fair
to us than when I met him in Taipei in 2007, and seemed surprised that
any Wikipedians were actually, like, serious.  His point was factual
even if you may think it is misdirection.

Charles