[WikiEN-l] Ramifications to wikipedians of unmasking of police blogger?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jun 21 14:53:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:58:08 +1000, Steve Bennett wrote:

> Is anonymity important to many Wikipedia contributors? I had sort of
> assumed we provided anonymity as a sort of courtesy, not as any real
> right.

You were apparently absent during the BADSITES Wars of a couple of
years ago, where one of the principle arguments for draconian stands
against linking to so-called "attack sites", and for McCarthyite
witchhunts against anybody seen as in any way connected with them,
was that those sites were engaged in "outing" Wikipedians.

--
== Dan ==