[WikiEN-l] Hi there, everybody!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:30:00 UTC 2009

2009/6/18 stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>:

> To wrap this up, people-oriented people have always helped very much to
> create a more integrated community. Those that get themselves involved in
> content issues often help to keep things from blowing up. And some have even
> been entrusted by the community to positions of authority.

Yeah. While keeping in mind at all times "we're here to write an
encyclopedia", the way we're doing it is to work with others, as
humans. Sometimes ones we disagree with horribly. Hence cautionary
rules such as "assume good faith."

We all need to be encyclopedists, but working with all the other
encyclopedists, those who do a lot and those who do a little, etc.,
etc. This is easier to say than to achieve, of course.

- d.