[WikiEN-l] What sparked your interest in Wikipedia? (was Google thinks Wikipedia is a news source)

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:19:32 UTC 2009

As I recall, I was looking something up to mention in an argument, and much
to my surprise the article I found was (gasp!) up for deletion. Quite
curious, I looked at the AfD page and left a comment. The article was kept,
though in retrospect I know it would have been with or without my minor
addition to the discussion.

Maybe about a month later, I wound up posting an article. By the time I
checked back on it, someone had tweaked my writing for NPOV and some
vandalism had been committed and reverted.

These two glimpses into the sausage factory were enough to get me
interested. The chance to be part of something greater than oneself, and to
aid in the work of so many others, was something I just couldn't pass up.

For better or worse, there's never a dull day on the wiki.

-Luna