[WikiEN-l] Image reuse

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:41:07 UTC 2009

Interesting.  For the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake *Wired* credits the
original photographer but not the restoration.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/04/dayintech_0418
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sfearthquake3b.jpg

A law firm's website doesn't credit the restoration on Louis Brandeis's
portrait when they run it alongside a listing for one of their partner's
"Champions of Justice" radio show.

http://www.jjllplaw.com/newsupdate.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Brandeisl.jpg

*Time* uses the same restoration, also without credit.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1895379_1895421_1895405,00.html

And the government of Australia appears to be using the restoration of
Douglas MacArthur uncredited.
http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/waratsea/kamikaze.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Douglas_MacArthur_lands_Leyte1.jpg

Thoughts?