[WikiEN-l] What sparked your interest in Wikipedia? (was Google thinks Wikipedia is a news source)

AGK wikiagk at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:30:04 UTC 2009

> And then I ask what sparked other people's interests in Wikipedia, and a
> really long thread results.

In searching for directions to my local railway station a few years ago, I
noticed the corresponding Wikipedia article was terribly lacking in
information. I expanded as best I could, and got involved from there. I knew
bits and pieces about the project, having browsed in the past and edited
occasionally as an IP to fix spelling and other minor errors, but I suppose
that was my first major editing experience with Wikipedia.

The project hasn't changed terribly much since the day I first edited, now
that I think about it.

AGK