[WikiEN-l] GDFL compliance

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:00:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Casey Brown<cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Andrew
> Turvey<andrewrturvey at googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> I've seen (source:Wikipedia) quoted a few times on media pictures now.
>
> Well, that's the media. :-)  They're used to being able to just say
> random things like "source: Reuters" that make no sense whatsoever.

That's true. But even print sources *should* give a full credit line
if asked to do so.

That should ideally include the name of the photographer, and that it
is GFDL content. Technically, I'm not sure if Wikipedia even needs to
be mentioned (we are just the middleman), but I'm sure there is some
clause somewhere that requires it.

Carcharoth