[WikiEN-l] Call for Participants: NICE interface modification

Aaron Halfaker half0032 at umn.edu
Fri Jun 5 22:06:56 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am a researcher in the GroupLens lab (http://grouplens.org) at the
University of Minnesota.  You might recognize previous work in Wikipedia
like "Creating, Destroying, and Restoring Value in Wikipedia"
(http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~reid/papers/group282-priedhorsky.pdf).

As part of our continuing work within Wikipedia, my colleagues and I are
conducting an academic (non-commercial) study in which we have developed
a modification that is designed to help users work together more
effectively by changing the interface for reverting other editors.

If you choose to participate in the study, you will be automatically
assigned a Wikipedia gadget that will consist of a subset of the
modifications we have developed.  As part of the study, we will be
logging your usage of the tool (ie. when you are reverting other
editors).   We will also be available for tech support and bug fixes.
Most likely there will be a survey at the completion and the complete
tool will be made available.

Consent form/installer: http://wikipedia.grouplens.org/NICE/consent/

-Aaron Halfaker
GroupLens Research