[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 03:26:01 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 8:12 pm
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

These threads would be much shorter if the links provided actually got
read
for the information they contain. ;)

The governing policy is linked from the opening post:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:COPYRIGHT#Linking_to_copyrighted_works

Policy does not instruct editors to wait for a complaint, nor is it
accurate
to assert that no copyright violation has occurred until a complaint
occurs.

Yet in all probability actual complaint did occur, because right after
linking to the relevant policy the opening post also notes " Footnote
19 is
no longer even functional because the copyvio material has been removed
from
YouTube." (that was as of 22 March 2008).

Now this is getting silly.  I'm not going to continually repost the
details
of evidence already provided, simply to rebut false negative assertions
that
get put forward with no evidence at all.  I supported Bluemarine's
siteban
because it was merited by his conduct; afterward I mentored him--that's
no
secret.  Nor is it partisanship.  Frivolous claims of bias are one of
the
reasons I've stopped accepting new mentorships.  Which is sad for the
people
who honestly want to turn over a new leaf.

-Durova

"Our policy" does not equate to "copyright violation".  I'm sure you
can see the logical fallacy there.  Perhaps you meant "doesn't appear
to adhere to our policy".

But we all know its a war of attrition.  I chose to stop playing that
game.

I know you know that "turn over a new leaf" doesn't apply to Mr Sanchez
who "has announced his intention to write a book to be titled, Gay
Jihad: What the radical homosexual movement has in store for you and
your family" (Source: http://cplsanchez.info/)

And for those who want a refresher in what the evidence actually shows
versus the gutted article we now have, you can still view my original
write-up here, showing the bullet-proof evidence of Matt's past "career"

http://www.countyhistorian.com/cecilweb/index.php/Matt_Sanchez

Will Johnson