[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

Jim Redmond jim at scrubnugget.com
Fri Jun 5 14:47:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 19:16, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:

> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rand_Fishkin>If the vandalism occurred
> the day after he checked the page it'd be six days more before he spotted
> it, and longer while OTRS processed his request.

...but under your proposal OTRS would be the ones handling the noindex
request.

As several others have mentioned, noindexing won't prevent vandalism, won't
prevent mirrors from showing the hidden content, and won't prevent direct
visits to the hidden content.  Additionally, as I mentioned in a comment on
your blog, most BLP-related complaints on OTRS are more concerned with the
vandalism itself or with the wiki-nature in general - Google doesn't really
enter the picture unless their cache is outdated.

I'm always eager to hear new ideas on keeping BLPs neutral, but I'm afraid
this one won't cut it.  Sorry.

--
Jim Redmond
[[User:Jredmond]]