[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:26:38 UTC 2009

These policy pages seem to imply otherwise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons#Presumption_in_favor_of_privacy
"Presumption in favor of privacy"

Wikipedia articles that present material about living people can affect
their subjects' lives. Wikipedia editors who deal with these articles have a
responsibility to consider the legal and ethical implications of their
actions when doing so. It is not Wikipedia's purpose to be sensationalist,
or to be the primary vehicle for the spread of titillating claims about
people's lives. Biographies of living persons must be written
conservatively, with regard for the subject's privacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DEL#Deletion_discussion

"Discussions on relatively unknown, non-public figures, where the subject
has requested deletion and there is no rough consensus may be closed as
delete."

http://durova.blogspot.com/