[WikiEN-l] someone after non-active admin accounts

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Jul 31 06:43:05 UTC 2009

"Casey Brown" <lists at caseybrown.org> wrote in message
news:de28ceda0907191928u248ab87cr889c788006055132 at mail.gmail.com...
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>> Why would Google care about our internal issues?
>>

> I would assume because he was using a gmail e-mail address, maybe
> something the user was doing was against google's TOS?

He uses a googlemail account, and that is probably visible to a checkuser,
too. A lot of hacking issues relate to weaselling into a system through
people who should know better. I've seen it the other way around, where it
was hard to get any work done, because nobody knew the passwords, and
everybody knew how to stifle initiative. Security issues concern us all.
Judging from his lack of respect for policy (integrity, really), he is very
probably a banned user. If the admin candidate approval process is thorough,
and all admins hav a modicum of integrity, then he will never get through.
It is still annoying. Plus, no admin actions went against his account:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&user=Wp_freedom_fighter
on wikipedia. I omitted a header-complete copy of my correspondence with him
on this list. Maybe it should go on nanas...I hav not figured that out.