[WikiEN-l] IRC Group Contacts Surgery, August 2009

FastLizard4 fastlizard4 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 02:27:27 UTC 2009

It should be noted that you can, like every other freenode user that
wants to keep logs, establish a connection and keep your very own.  For
example, I have a ClueNet shell account, which is very convenient for
this purpose, to which irssi stores all of my logs in ~fastlizard4/logs.
 If I ever want to search the logs, all I have to do is open up nano and
use the search function, or simply `cat ~/logs/channel.log|grep 'Search
string'`.  You simply cannot release these logs to the public (under
current policy).  In irssi, to start logging, all you have to do is
'/log open -autoopen -targets #channel ~/channel.log' and that channel
will be logged.  Similar commands exist in every IRC client that I know.
 It may not be totally "open" as you desire, but anyone can do it and
have there own set of logs.
- --
- --FastLizard4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:FastLizard4 |
http://scalar.cluenet.org/~fastlizard4/)