[WikiEN-l] A modest proposal - a recap of resolution-l

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:23:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah. Just looking through the list of current mailing lists:
> Checkuser-l, functionaries-l, arbitration-l (sic), mediation-l (sic),
> accounts-en-l, OTRS-en-l (also de, fr, etc.) - quite a few private
> lists, actually, for such an open project.

It's almost as if the vast bulk of discussion takes place on the wiki, or
something.

That, specifically, is something I find missing from your proposal: an
earnest explanation of what this gives us that on-wiki discussion cannot.
Personally, I think it sounds likely to fragment discussion and encourage
forum shopping, aside from giving people the feeling they've been run around
-- even if you personally have a firm idea of the list's remit, other people
will not.

Your increasingly incessant personal attacks and use of the royal "we" --
what else could you be referring to? -- are a but off-putting, as well.

-Luna