[WikiEN-l] Blocking / moderation

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:33:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Bod Notbod<bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>
>
>> I have been blocked from posting to foundation-l. No explanation has
>> been given.
>
> But you know why, right?

Um, if there is a reason for a blocking, stating so openly, or even in
private would be nice.

> It's because it was felt that the issue you kept returning to was not
> relevant for the Foundation mailing list.

Um, no. There is a more actual reason underlying that one - that I was
embarrassing Cary, and by extension anyone else on functionaries-l or
else using private communication that they were being non-responsive.
There are several slang substitutes for "non-responsive" in common
language.

> You wouldn't accept that, continued to post about it,

I do not accept "go aways" as substantive responses - particularly
when I've taken care to destroy each and every point more legitimate
critics have taken the time to outline.

> so someone's obviously decided to block you so that you cannot continue.

That someone should of course have an identity. In the future, when
someone is blocked from a list - particularly a seventh-year
contributor/editor, who's been earnest in answering each substantive
comment, question, or criticism.

> I suspect that issue (regarding the creation of a new mailing list for dispute resolution, if I recall correctly)
> won't fall under the scope of wikien-l either.

It doesn't matter. We've established that the "take it elsewhere
[unspecified]" argument is entirely invalid, and the "go away"
argument we all know is just an extremely large DBAD violation.

And of course this violating concept appears to be indemic wherever
people feel they can neglect transparency - as mandated in their own
mandates, perhaps - making their deliberations in private and giving
people only decrees and motions. Wales, who was for a long time our
most upstanding proponent of openness, and who made it a point to deal
personally and openly with nearly every issue that came up - on this
very list, as a matter of fact - would be quite unhappy with this
trend.

-Stevertigo