[WikiEN-l] If anyone ever says Wikipedia is too deletionist

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 14:47:40 UTC 2009

2009/7/25 The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Point them at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_%28dog%29

> Seriously?? Are you arguing this kind of article shouldn't be in Wikipedia?
> Sheesh.

No, it just pushed my personal "wtf" button, not something I'd
actually advocate removing. The dog's famous enough.

My point is that despite media publicity about "deletionists" and
people on the fringes of Wikipedia getting annoyed at not being
considered article-worthy ... we still include a wider range of stuff
than (I think) any general encyclopedia ever before us, and no-one can
seriously question that. And we do so to actual standards.

- d.