[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Paradoxes

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Fri Jul 24 23:06:21 UTC 2009

On 23 Jul 2009, at 23:07, wjhonson at aol.com wrote:

>  <<No matter, by definition, is "uncrushable." Or indestructible,
> for that matter.>>
>

> An electron is uncrushable.? Can an electron decay?

It doesn't decay (that is, spontaneously change to another form of
matter or energy), but it can interact with other particles to become
something else, including energy if interacting with a positron. I
don't think we can say whether it's uncrushable* , but it's certainly
mutable.

Mike

* Does anyone have a spare black hole and faster than light
communication method so that we can find out? Alternatively, pens,
paper and lots of time might also work. ;-)