[WikiEN-l] Comparing Wikipedia to other wikis

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:11:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I recently came across this page, on another wiki, where they compare
> themselves to Wikipedia.
>
> Interesting or not? What good points do they make?
>
> http://groupprops.subwiki.org/wiki/Groupprops:Groupprops_versus_Wikipedia
>
> Does anyone else know of any other "comparison" essays out there?
>
> Carcharoth

Well, there was a nice comparison of de and en I read a while back in userspace.

Unfortunately because of our recent mania to NOINDEX each and every
thing possible, it is now impossible to google for that essay, and I
have no way of refinding it.

(Gosh, I wonder if anyone foresaw *that* while enthusiastically
advocating yet another restriction & lockdown?)

--
gwern