[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Watchlistr.com, an outside site that asks for Wikimedia passwords

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 21:57:16 UTC 2009

 That's interesting.? Someone signs up with service X to pull details from your service Y that perhaps you don't want the world to know.? Like that you've watchlisted Oral Sex.

How do I, as service X make sure that you as Service Y actually have the user's approval for this pulling of my data ?

Seems like, in-project we would need some sort of user-embedded flag to say "Talk with service Y it's OK!"? That would be the only secure way to do it, wouldn't it?

Will Johnson