[WikiEN-l] BBC: Bill Thompson: Wikipedia is flawed and that's OK

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 21:53:42 UTC 2009

 One thing which I'll no longer stand as a Wikipedia, is the pre-wiki citation mode that the like of that hack job Encyclopedia Brittanica uses.? All the citations lumped at the end, with no ability to cite *a* fact to *its* evidence.? So to follow up an article, each person must be an expert.

That pre-2000 mode of encyclopedia writing is dead and must be stomped on repeatedly to ensure it stays dead ;)

<<"To point this out is not to dismiss its usefulness or deny its value, even
if those most closely involved occasionally act as if anything less than
complete subordination to the Wikipedia world view is an act of betrayal.>>