[WikiEN-l] When an article is in full protection.

Jonathan Hall sinewave at silentflame.com
Thu Jul 23 13:27:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 13:15, Al Tally<majorly.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM, WereSpielChequers <
> werespielchequers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually there are circumstances when admins can and should edit fully
>> protected articles per: WP:FULL.<
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FULL>
>>

>> Does anyone really object to the idea of admins responding to a request for
>> admin help by editing a fully protected page in accordance with talkpage
>> consensus?
>>
>> WereSpielChequers
>>

> If there is talk page consensus, does the page really still need to be fully
> protected?
There may be consensus on one issue but disagreement over another. Say
the subject of a protected article dies. Obviously there will be
consensus that the article needs to reflect this (not that it's
sensible to take the time to see whether there's consensus there or
not) but the dispute that lead to protection may still be ongoing.
Extreme example I know, but this *kind* of thing happens. It's why we
have {{editprotected}}.

> --
> Alex
> (User:Majorly)