[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Facts, but It’s a Desert for Photos

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Tue Jul 21 16:25:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Magnus
Manske<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've created a mockup "mail in your pictures" text here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Magnus_Manske/Image_submission
>
> Would that be sufficient for OTRS? (It should be IMHO; it's what we
> get when people upload directly, plus email address!)

We have this page now, which is under the contact us path:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us/Photo_submission

Yours is more explicit than the photo submissions one existing,
although it's more geared to images of yourself, or PR agents.

I don't usually work in the photo submissions queue, but checking
right now it's not that backlogged, (days, not months), but Andrew's
data will probably be awesome. :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion