[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Facts, but It’s a Desert for Photos

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Jul 21 13:26:28 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com>:

> I've created a mockup "mail in your pictures" text here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Magnus_Manske/Image_submission
>
> Would that be sufficient for OTRS? (It should be IMHO; it's what we
> get when people upload directly, plus email address!)

It might be helpful if we ask what article(s) they're thinking of!

This is pretty self evident for "this is a picture of me / my
grandmother / some guy in the pub" when they have an article, but we
do get some less obvious pictures sometimes - I remember someone who
sent in pictures of a Russian war memorial and asked if we could put
them on the page about the battle in question.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk