[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Facts, but It’s a Desert for Photos

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Jul 21 12:42:28 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:

> Yes, you are right. So how did we get to OTRS instead of directing
> people to the Upload button? I'm confused now. I'm sure there was a
> reason for using OTRS instead of telling people to Upload. I think the

I believe one of the main issues is that a lot of people are more
comfortable with emailing in a photograph, and us doing the
administrative tasks, than with the whole hassle of creating an
account, uploading it, figuring out the commons/wikipedia divide,
learning the syntax to put it in an article...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk