[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Fac =?win...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 17:41:15 UTC 2009

I like having credit right at the article level.  This is the typical
thing I see in print media (obviously as there is no other level).  Are you
stating that this was discussed before and rejected?  It's what I was  thinking
might be a good way of getting more photo contributions.  Just  give credit
as a byline under the picture.  Even include a link at the  credit line to
an article on the photographer if one exists.  To me credit,  isn't
advertising.  It's just attribution.

For example, in-article we give credit to quotations of text and those can
lead directly to the sale of a book by direct links, without the reader
needing  to know that clicking an obscure item, like a picture, might lead
somewhere  else.

Will Johnson

In a message dated 7/20/2009 10:36:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,