[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Facts, but It’s a Desert for Photos

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:07:38 UTC 2009

You are right Durova. I apologise for sidetracking things there.

Do you have views on how to address situations where we have a free
pictures of someone when they are very old, but all the pictures of
them when they were young (and famous) are copyrighted? This can
happen with sports stars and others. Does the presence of an arguably
less relevant free picture (of them when they are old) dissuade people
from attempting to get a free picture that may be more relevant to the
article (from when they were young)?

Carcharoth