[WikiEN-l] Featured churn

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 02:01:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Andrew Gray<andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:
> I have, interestingly, been noticing it moving in exactly the opposite
 direction; articles with a couple of paragraphs of text, a reference
> or two, an image or an infobox, being marked as "stubs". There's
> standards inflation at both ends of the rating system...

IMHO, this kind of thing is one of Wikipedia's greatest failings. We
still can't even agree on a definition of things like "stub", and it
seems to be in everyone's interest not to. People like stuff like that
being subjective.

(FWIW, I think it's reasonable to have "stub" be relative to the
expected content. Two paragraphs on a country would clearly be a
"stub". Two paragraphs on an obscure medieval scribe might be the most
comprehensive resource possible.)

Steve