[WikiEN-l] Admin churn?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 06:56:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Andrew
Turvey<andrewrturvey at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Does that mean we should have the same process for "delisting" admins - not really fair that candidates today are held to a higher standard than candidates who got through three years ago!

Actually it is "fair", in a warped way. RfA is supposed to be purely a
risk management exercise: we subject prospective admins to a couple of
tests to reduce our risk that they go feral. The chance of a 3 year
old admin going feral is much much lower than the average prospective
admin, sort of by definition.

(So I don't see a benefit of desysopping/retesting, just on that basis.)

Steve