[WikiEN-l] Featured churn

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:01:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a question: how many articles are created and deleted within 24 hours?

In early 2007, I did a quick and dirty estimate that about 2400
articles were deleted per day, at a time when the net gain per day was
around 1800.

Activity of anons, new registered users, and established editors have
all declined (roughly proportionally to each other) since then, so the
ratio kept to deleted I would guess is similar.  Therefore, by my
utterly unscientific calculation, around 1750 newly created articles
are deleted each day.

-Sage